The Ceramics and Glass Standards-Cell of BCRC is part of a broader action of raising awareness of companies, especially SMEs, about the standardization process and the importance of standards for their competitiveness ; this action has been initiated and is supported by Division Competitiveness of the Federal Public Service Economy, S.M.E.s , Self-Employed and Energy.
Operational since September 1998, the Standards-Cell Ceramics and Glass perform following assigned tasks :
- Active monitoring of standardization for the ceramics and glass sectors, and maintaining a document database
- Information of the concerned companies about current standards and standards in development
- Individual assistance to companies in their approach to search, interpret and apply given standards
- Defense of the interests of the companies of the sector, in particular of the SMEs, within the various working groups (CEN and/or ISO)
The Ceramics and Glass Standards-Cell covers the areas of technical ceramics, refractories, traditional ceramics (bricks, tiles ....), hollow glass, special glass, building and automotive glass ...
In practice, the Standards-Cell Ceramics and Glass offers among others following services (download the flyer
- Assisted Search: We can help you to identify the standard that you look for, to choose the correct standard considering the application in mind and corresponding context, to look for the existence of a standard and/or a regulation relevant to a particular domain.
- Expertise and analysis: We can assist you to establish a list of relevant normative documents on a given theme, to highlight the correspondence between normative documents of diverse sources (Belgian, European, international, foreign standards) or to clarify relations between normative documents and regulations.
- Standard watch: At your request, we can keep you informed according to a frequency to be defined of the changes in standards and / or regulations on a specific theme which you would have beforehand defined.